Friday, February 11, 2011

face of the day and a product review





I did my makeup a bit differently today. As always, I began by doing my mascara (Covergirl Lashblast Fusion, L'oreal Carbon Black Voluminous, L'oreal Telescopic Explosion [review soon possibly]) and applying Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base. For secondary bases, I used NYX Jumbo Pencils in Purple and Lime. This look was mostly shimmery. I used a lime green from the coastal scents on the inner third, a light purple from the Stila Backstage Palette, Nocturnelle by Mac (a darker purple, nothing special), dark brown and a bit of red in the crease. For eyeliner I used Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Rockstar, a purple-y brown. I love it :D I also used a gold to line the inner half of my eye, something I almost always do. The shape was dramatic and I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's about time for some new eyeshadow- I have a lot, yeah, but I haven't gotten much new in a LONG time. For lips I used a nude lipliner and then L'oreal lipstick in Fairest Nude. I don't have a ton of options for lip color, but I'm working on it. :) I crimped my hair and twisted both sides. I didn't end up going anywhere, but this is a hairstyle that I'm recreating soon.

And now for the review...


(Image courtesy of Google)

I got this set of Urban Decay eyeliners for Christmas. Prior to getting these, my collection of eyeliners was modest at best. I mostly just had black, but that was okay with me because I wasn't crazy about eyeliner. Once I got these, I started to work with eyeliner more, and now I love it :D I found a way to do it that doesn't make me look insane. (Well..) True to their name, they glide on SO easily. Normally retailing for about $20 for a full-sized pencil, this entire set was $40 from Sephora. Definitely worth it in my opinon. A broad range of colors is given, they're great quality and even a full size of Zero is included. I wish that Perversion had been included too, but oh well. I plan on purchasing Rockstar and Whiskey as soon as I'm able :) I like Urban Decay a lot, and this set didn't disappoint. My only complaint is how small the eyeliners are, and how frequently they need to be sharpened. But I guess for the price and creamy texture, it's a fair trade.
Have a good weekend! :)

-Rhiana

No comments:

Post a Comment