Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Latest Obsession: Nail Polish

I want to try and start a series called my latest obsession. It can feature our latest beauty crazes of the moment. These past few weeks, mine has definitely been nail polish. The China Glaze Crackle Glaze nail polishes made their debut, so of course I had to try it :D and then I went to Ulta and Target, and was able to get a few more nail polishes (and Seche Vite! FINALLY :D) to add to my slowly growing collection.
The Crackle Glazes...


In Cracked Concrete and Broken Hearted. I love these :D Especially the pink one! I want to try to find a color like it in normal nail polish. They work almost instantly, just make sure your base nail polish is dry first. (It looks pretty gross if you don't. :/) And don't forget a topcoat, unless you like the matte finish.

The light colors...


China Glaze White on White and OPI Sweetheart. Both are pretty, they need multiple coats and patience to look good. The bottles are already dirty because I'm sort of a disaster when I paint my nails.

From the OPI Texas Collection...


OPI Don't Mess With OPI. I loved how well this covered, but it does not go well with my skin tone :( and it somehow makes my nails look even smaller, something I'm not crazy about. As far as collections go, I really wanted a few from the Katy Perry collection, but my Ulta was totally out. I had been wanting a green polish though, so it's good that I finally got one.

Drugstore polishes...


NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel in Big Apple Red Creme, Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Blue It, and Nicole by OPI in Razzle Dazzle. I love the red color, it is easy to apply, fast to dry and looks gorgeous. I haven't tried the blue yet, it's the only one I have yet to. Blue is something I'm a little wary about, cool colors sort of clash with my skin. That's my second bottle of the black one, not because it's great, don't ask why I repurchased it... Either way, Razzle Dazzle is okay. It is shiny and can cover with more than one coat but it chips easily.

Seche Vite...


I love the gel-like consistency of this. I'm happy to have a topcoat that works. It doesn't protect too well from chipping and wear but it makes the colors so shiny.


A little family picture.

Well that's all for now :) I love most of what I got and am excited to get more! Now I just need to work on not picking it off the day after...

-Rhiana

No comments:

Post a Comment