So I know January is almost over but still think that posting my beauty resolutions is a good idea. Posting things on the internet usually makes me follow through on them ha. So here they are:
1. I must take better care of my hair! In the past I have bleached it and colored it pink, which I liked at the time but it ruined my hair and took forever to grow out. I finally got the bleached parts cut. No more of that. I still love the idea of pink or turquoise hair but there are less damaging options like the Colorbug. I would love to try it in the summer. I am going to put heat on it less, and use a heat protectant when I do. My hair is short but long enough to put into a ponytail, which makes it much easier to not style everyday. Rhiana wants me to stop washing it everyday but I don't know if I can do it. Maybe I will try. Maybe. Probably not.
2. I want to do my eye makeup more often. I get up so early and don't like to put on much makeup in the morning, but I really do like the way I look when it is done. And as Rhiana said, experiment a little more. I always say I want to try new things but I usually go back to brown and gold or just mascara.
3. This one is not exactly a resolution but kind of a goal. I want to find a red and an orange nail polish that look good on me. I search for a while... and then give up and purchase yet another blue or pink nail polish that looks similar to about three others I already own. This must stop.
4. Paint my nails more often. I have like 60 polishes but I don't use them. Why?! I have no idea. Not much else needs to be said here.
5. Stop dressing like I don't care. I haven't resorted to sweat pants yet (and I never will. NEVERRR.) But I get up late and throw on whatever. Jeans and slippers every day. With a ponytail. It's a good look. I would love to curl my hair for school more. It's a little cold for dresses but when the time comes, I have a few that I would like to wear.
I think that is a good start. And now... Onto something I have been kind of excited to post on here. My skin through the years and how I fixed it. I have had acne since I was like 12. It has gotten worse over the years and was the worst from July to about November of 2011. I have used so many different products to try to get rid of it.
Jul 2011 A few weeks before I started using Clinique Acne Treatment:
Jul 2011 The day I started Clinique:
August 2011 After I had been using Clinique for about a month:
It really hurt my skin and it was so expensive, so I started seeing a dermatologist. She prescribed me oral antibiotics and topical creams that cleared up my acne within a month. I also switched my foundation, face wash and moisturizer.
I went from trying all this....
To (alongside my antibiotics) finding success with this...
Now that my acne has cleared up, I am much happier and a lot more confident. My attitude greatly improved, and now I don't have to spend so much money! I am thrilled. :)
Hope everyone has a great week :)