Saturday, April 9, 2011

Some New Goodies & Upcoming

As Naomi said in the last post (even though it was my turn! Little fool), we went shopping a little over a week ago and got some clothes and beauty stuff. I got two eyeshadows from Mac called Sable and Cranberry. I like both, but in all honesty, I think that Sable is really similar to Woodwinked, a shadow I already have. It has a close finish and the only difference is that Sable has more brown undertones. Ah well. I also got a lipstick, Viva Glam Gaga 2, an amplified creme. It's definitely nude! I like it but it needs to have a gloss over top. It is my first Mac lipstick and while it may not be the most flattering color on me personally, it applies really well and I plan on purchasing more. I also got three nail polishes, two from OPI and one from Forever 21. The OPI ones are Teenage Dream- a super sparkly polish with a slightly pink base from the Katy Perry collection and Ate Berries in the Canaries- a cool toned pink. The Forever 21 one is called Wine (if I remember correctly) and is a deep red brown. Onto pictures... :)

The nail polishes, from left to right: OPI Teenage Dream, Forever 21 polish in Wine, OPI Ate Berries in the Canaries.


Next, the products: going clockwise, Mac Sable, Mac Cranberry, Viva Glam Gaga 2 (where did that crack in the lipstick come from? :()


Some swatches (none over a base): Viva Glam Gaga (two or three swipes), Mac Sable, Mac Cranberry.


And just for comparison's sake, Sable is on top and Woodwinked is on the bottom.

I have some more Mac things coming in the mail, so after I get those and try them out, another review might be coming :) I need to start taking more pictures of my daily makeup. I'll try to post soon, finals and such are coming up so it might be difficult.

-Rhiana

No comments:

Post a Comment