Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Latest Obsession: Neutral Eyes

When I first got into makeup, I was really into bright colors for an everday basis. And while that's fun sometimes, I think a more toned down look is better for the daytime. (Read: no varying shades of lime green all over the lid. Because I've done that... never again) Here are some of my favorite ways to wear a neutral eye: (my very favorite way doesn't have a picture... I wonder why?)


The first way: barely there. I used to never do this, but I'm glad I tried it. It's a great way to achieve a natural sort of look and still wear makeup.






The second is one I've really liked recently. In the pictures Naomi posted from the dance, this is makeup similar to what I was wearing. It's a light color on the lid, with a more defined, dark brown crease. I use my coastal scents matte palette for this. I also have been loving liquid eyeliner with this look- I'm not the greatest, but I still like the way it turns out.

And the last, for an example of a more toned down way to wear color:

A look of greens, a color I don't wear often. Even though it has color, it was pretty neutral. I used a basic technique: light color on the lid, darker in crease and outer corner.

What are some of your favorite ways to wear a neutral eye?
More posts coming soon, sorry for the slacking. When we're on summer break, it should be much easier to update more regularly.

-Rhiana

No comments:

Post a Comment