Saturday, January 15, 2011

Makeup & Mini Products I Regret Buying

The eyeshadows I used were Woodwinked from Mac, a light blue, a black and a dark blue, all from the Coastal Scents 88 Palette. I'm thinking about doing a post on different makeup brushes and their uses. I also want to post about products I want to get and maybe a makeup collection? I also thought a perfect imperfections written post (as opposed to the video post) would be fun.

W/ flash.

Do these pictures look better? I was able to set my camera to take higher quality pictures, so hopefully it shows.


W/ flash

Here are the products I regret buying: Covergirl lipstain (color wasn't written on the packaging, but it's a bright red), Physician's Formula Summer Eclipse in Sunlight, and Almay Moisurizing Eye Makeup Remover Liquid.



The lipstain is way too hard to work with: it feathers, stains (well of course, but I mean to an extreme) and just isn't flattering on me. I want to expand my lip collection, but this was not a good place to begin.



I'm not really one for cheek products, I touch my face too much throughout the day. That being said, I bought this with the hopes of having a nice glow. Not so. It is a shimmery nightmare, with poor pigmentation and a crumbly texture to boot. Ugh.



This eye makeup remover is my biggest disappointment maybe ever. It is SO GREASY. I apply my mascara first, and it gets all over my lid, so I have to remove it with a q-tip. After running out of my last one, I opened this, and it makes my eyelids so oily that not even a primer stops my eyeshadow from creasing. I bought a different one so I was able to stop using it, but it makes me mad. Since when does moisturizing mean oily??



Some poor swatches. Sorry. :/
*Disclaimer- these are just my honest opinions. The products may work for other people, but my experiences with them haven't been worthy of a positive review.

<3
Rhiana

No comments:

Post a Comment